Monday 30 September 2013

And so it begins ....again

Wednesday heralds the start of my new treatment, Copaxone.
As mentioned in the previous post, this is a daily injection so it will inevitably impact on my life a touch more than previous medications.
However, I am embracing the routine and staying positive as to the rewards it should bring.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous because of course I am. It will take a few days or weeks to master the art of the injection, and then there's also the feeling that this is all that is left for me to try at the minute.
There are other options licensed for use in the UK but they are mainly kept for those who relapse more than I currently do, or as a last line of resort once these initial DMD's have been tried with no effect.
So it's sort of like I'm putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping with all my might that none of them break.
It can feel sometimes that my body is already breaking. 
Small cracks are appearing on the surface. 
My upper torso currently has no feeling, I've mentioned the dead right arm before and of course the usual fatigue, pain and bladder problems have been well documented.
But I can cope with those small ailments, they have seeped into my everyday life with such ease that I am carrying them without realising.
It's mad to think that I am now used to chronic pain. It's crazy to know how willing the human body and mind can be to taking extra burdens onboard.
But I am proof that this is the case. 
Now I want to see if I can stop those cracks from opening new wounds.
I have to hope that Copaxone is that sticking plaster, for it seems that there is no healing cure just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment